Tuesday, August 26, 2014

July Guests

I'm skipping June activities because I can't remember what I did. I do remember the weather was warm, and I was tempted to plant my garden early. Okay fine. I got up and looked at my calendar. Looks like I catered a few events, went fishing at Paulina Lake, attended my first book club as the guest author, started exercising again because my knee was feeling better, and went to see the Indigo Girls for free here in Bend. Is that enough excitement or what?!

My brother, Ted, and his wife, Karla, came to visit the third week of July. It was their first trip to Oregon! We went all out! Lunch at a hip restaurant in Portland after we picked them up from the airport all the way to paddle-boarding. Ted was impressed and kept saying he wanted to move here. I told him repeatedly, "our life isn't really this exciting. We're dragging you all over town to do stuff. Sometimes, we just watch TV at night. Actually, that's how we spend several nights a week." He didn't believe me.

How many people does it take to strap a paddle-board on?

Ted and Karla

Great weather at the lake

Hiking at Smith Rock. It was 90+ degrees, and we didn't eat lunch. Oops.

.
Ted floating down the Deschutes River
On top of Pilot Butte

Drinking a craft beer
Wow! What a visit! It was so much fun to spend time with them and show them beautiful, Bend. They flew out the same day my parents, uncle, and his girlfriend arrived. Time for the next round of guests.

No comments:

Post a Comment