Monday, May 27, 2013

The Quiet American

Emil and I coordinated an ukulele workshop and show last week here in Bend. The Quiet American duo is Aaron and Nicole Keim, from Hood River, OR.  They are fantastic!  LOVE chatting with Nicole - she likes to laugh and have fun.  Check out their music:  http://quietamericanmusic.com/.

Love the washboard!

Group photo

They are super fun!

30 folks at the workshop

Tuning the banjo before the show!

A wonderful show!
I think my dad would really enjoy their music.  It's described as "old time folk music for modern times." Think Americana/Gospel.  Aaron and Nicole are headlining Ukulele University, the uke festival we're coordinating July 19-21.  Looking forward to another great event. http://ukeu.info/.

Hopefully, I won't forget my ukulele again.  Kind of hard to take the workshop when I leave it at home.  I did borrow one of their nice mya-moe ukes, but I was too nervous to use it the entire time!

On to other news:  I'm growing my hair out long again to donate it to Locks of Love.  I did this in 2002 when my brother, Tom, was diagnosed with stage 4 Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma.  Now that he has cancer again, I'll donate again.  Ten inches of hair is the minimum! 

No comments:

Post a Comment