Friday, May 17, 2013

Uke On!

I do the social media for our uke group, uke festival, and Emil's business, Road Trip Ukuleles.  Therefore, I post oodles of pics on Facebook.  Thought I would share some of them here as well. 

If you visit us, prepare to attend the Tuesday night uke jam with us.  Don't worry, we won't put you on the spot for an uke solo or singing.  Every week, approximately 60 people show up to sing, play uke, play other instruments, and socialize (mainly the reason I go).  It's great fun, and I look forward to it each week.

Yesterday, I did a radio interview to promote an upcoming workshop and show - Aaron and Nicole Keim of The Quiet American.  Fantastic duo from Hood River, OR.  Emil has met them several times already, and I'm a little nervous to meet them on Monday!  

Check out their music here:  http://quietamericanmusic.com/.  They are ending their tour here in Bend.  We'll feed them pizza from 10 Barrel, plenty of libations, and hang out before the event.  Emil will run the soundboard, and I'll work the door.  Come on by! 

More info at: www.bendukulelegroup.org.

Back to the pics.  Enjoy!

Our youngest members, all taller than me.

Group pic.  We'll be featured in Central OR magazine - July.

Singing and strumming away! I need a panoramic camera to capture everyone there.

Debi and Anya's kazoo solo during "San Francisco Bay Blues."

Adorable Jeff!  All instruments welcome.

Bucket bass and harmonica

I'm in the kids section of the group.

Helping to lead the group on Tuesday

Laughing our way through the play list I made for the night.

One of our most talented members, Twig!
Spark your interest?  It's an easy instrument to learn, only four strings, and very forgiving.  When you play with 60 people, no one can hear you mess up.  Perfect for us beginners.

Counting the days until The Quiet American show!  

No comments:

Post a Comment