Sunday, February 10, 2013

Lent

Ash Wednesday is rapidly approaching, so I'm trying to decide on what to give up or what to work on during Lent.

My first inclination is to give up Juanita's Tortilla Chips.  I love them!  They are a perfect salty snack which I partake in just about every evening.  They are made right in Hood River.  I wonder if they give tours....


I also thought of giving up soy vanilla lattes.  They seem to be a new addiction since my dairy-free diet began.  It's also a pricey addiction.  Emil bought me a recycled cup with a nice discount every time I purchase a drink.  I need to get my money's worth out of the cup, right?

Or, I could go in a different direction.  Say...walk Pilot Butte every day until Easter. 

Elevation gain is about 1,000 feet.  Not much.

Or focus on my book instead of other stuff going on.  So many choices, but I better decide quick...Lent is approaching fast.

On to other updates:  Yam is settling in okay.  He's chosen a favorite person already....Emil.  But, he sleeps in my lap every night during tv time.

We're both busy coordinating a workshop and concert in May.  Aaron Keim, The Quiet American, is coming through Bend.  He's so good!  http://quietamericanmusic.com/

It's 4 a.m. here, and I woke up to Yam meowing.  He's ready to be petted and loved on!

No comments:

Post a Comment