Friday, December 07, 2012

Strange Happenings

I know who is responsible for these recent strange happenings.  They shall remain anonymous.  Is your curiosity piqued yet?

Scenario #1:

Actually buying brussels sprouts at the store.  Not the $2 bag, but an entire stalk for $3.

Emil looking forward to eating brussels sprouts.

Now, the cooking of the sprouts...one night, I roasted them in the oven.  Decent, but even better the next day when warmed up in the microwave.  Weird, I know.  Tonight, I made a magical Martha Stewart recipe using them.  Loosely followed the recipe (different pasta, more bacon grease, no sage since I'm a sage hater, and extra cheese which I'll pay for later).  OMG!!!  It was so good.  Smack your Mama good.  Turn you into a brussels sprouts lover good.  There may be a fight for the leftovers...only enough for one person.

http://www.marthastewart.com/313031/pasta-with-brussels-sprouts-and-bacon

A pan of yummy food.  Just bring me a fork.


Scenario #2:

This week, I had a late lunch at Jackson's Corner.  Kinda expensive for a lunch budget, but I love the atmosphere.  Well, they changed their menu according to the super cute cashier guy.  Instead of the BLT I wanted, it's now a BLB since it's not mater season.  The second B stands for beets.  I don't like beets.  I've tried them once.  That was enough.  But, a certain influential friend cooks lots of beets and swears by them.  So...I ordered it.  Imagine super soft homemade sandwich bread, bacon, arugula, honey mayo, and golden yellow beets.  It changed my life.  I've been plotting all week how to recreate this sammy at home.  Thinking a trip to Whole Foods for beets is in my future.  AND,  back to Jackson's Corner with my friend to taste test it one or two more times....tee hee.

See?  Strange happenings indeed.  I'd like to pretend I'm not, but I'm a very picky eater...salads, fruits, and vegetables, not so much.  What's next? 

No comments:

Post a Comment