Thursday, December 13, 2012

The Book

Most of you know I wrote a book two years ago...my first winter in Redmond.  It's something I've been wanting to do, and I seized the opportunity to hack away and come up with cheesy chick lit (65,000 words worth).  The majority of the scenarios in the book happened to me or my best friend, Tommy Boy.  The story takes place in Anchorage, and I love mentioning local places disguised under a different name.  For example, the bakery with great cheesecake is named Sugar.  Ha ha!  Can anyone guess the real name of the bakery?

Emil edited the first draft, and I'm finishing up a recent round of edits.  Then, I'll print a copy and ship it to a few select Beta readers who will give me specific feedback.  Finally, I self-publish using a service from Amazon.com.  Proceeds from the book will be saved up to purchase this super cute car:


Nothing against the soccer mom van, but I miss having my own vehicle.  I do like sharing a car, and I also enjoy walking to most places around town, but...imagine me in the drivers seat!  Vroom! Vroom!

So, the goal is to publish the book before my birthday.  A great present to myself and to the many characters in my book who you just might recognize (Wasilla City Council member...ahem).  I HAVE to make this goal, because then I need to focus on a new side business with Tommy Boy.  Did I mention how I'm always scheming??  And daydreaming too!   

No comments:

Post a Comment