Thursday, May 24, 2012

New Restaurants

Well, they're new to me.  Recently, a Bendite raved to me about Alpenglow Cafe.  She said their coffeecake is the best in town...made with peaches and a yummy granola topping.  She was so right!  Emil and I went there a couple of weeks ago, and it was very good.  Friendly service, sunny interior...what more can you ask for?

Eggs Benedict on a homemade English Muffin

Baja Oregon Omelette
Yesterday, we spent most of the day in Bend running errands, driving by rental houses, and buying Redneck Kitsch plates (more on that later).  Another friend eats at Pizzicato often and even brought a menu to sway me to try it out.  We stopped in for a quick lunch, and it was SO GOOD!  The lunch special is a slice, salad, and drink for $7.50.  My pizza slice was Puttanesca....fresh maters, kalamata olives, feta cheese, basil, artichoke hearts on an olive oil/garlic base crust.  The summer salad is spinach, fresh corn, almonds, feta, strawberries, and house-made vinaigrette dressing.  I dreamed about it last night.  When can I go back?



Redneck Kitsch is a term Emil coined when he saw the plates I bought at Goodwill.  Three of the plates have antique farm tools on them.  The other non-matching plate has a gun rack on it.  They are super fun.  Turns out they are antique!

I would've posted a pic of them, but Emil promptly packed them for our upcoming move.  Hopefully the box won't get "lost" in the shuffle.

No comments:

Post a Comment