Friday, September 02, 2011

Palmie the Hunchback and Other Wildlife

As you recall from my earlier posting, one of our chicks has a slightly abnormal shape.  I'm not sure how else to describe it, other than "hunchback."  We named her Palmetto (Palmie for short) since she's shaped like South Carolina, where I grew up.  She and the other chicks are pretty skittish and a little camera shy.  Emil did a great job capturing a picture of her in the yard.

Palmie, the chicken torpedo is chasing you!

Either hunchback or no neck.  Which is it?
The mule deer are around nearly every day to visit and say hello.  There are several fawns with fading white spots.  So cute!



This morning, we rode our bikes with the Burly Trailer to Wal-Mart and back for some groceries and exercise.  Nine miles roundtrip, and I pulled the trailer almost the entire time minus the hill to the house.  I am not a biker.  Repeat.  I am not a biker.  Nevertheless, I will endeavor to do it again so I can decrease the time it took to ride there and back.

I'm so glad to be back in the kitchen and not camping/cooking on one burner.  I made Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bars for Emil since he LOVES cookie dough.  Mine look exactly like the picture and are delish!  I'm careful not to splurge since they are so many Weight Watcher points.

http://www.bakeorbreak.com/2008/04/chocolate-chip-cookie-dough-cheesecake-bars/

I am also experimenting with some cinnamon-heavy recipes for our favorite first guests this fall.  These turned out pretty good.  Okay, I didn't exactly follow the recipe and mixed some of the stuff by hand.  I'm old school.  AND without my handy Kitchenaid mixer (packed in a box in Alaska).  I'll continue to hunt for the perfect recipe for our company.

http://www.bakeorbreak.com/2006/07/cinnamon-bun-scones/

Enjoy the long holiday weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment