Saturday, April 23, 2011

Pork Belly Obsession

My pork belly obsession began with Top Chef two seasons ago when I saw Kevin, one of the chefs, use it in every single meal.  We finally had pork belly sliders at Level One.  Delicious!  Just recently, I had an amazing pork belly BLT at Rockin' Daves.

This week, we had dinner at Terrebonne Depot, just a few miles from our house.  http://www.terrebonnedepot.com/.  I read in a magazine about their pork belly lettuce wraps.  What a unique twist!  They were delicious, but I wished I had more toppings to go in them.  The dinner special was homemade meatloaf topped with pork belly.  My lucky day!  Course, my Weight Watchers is suffering, but we did split everything, including two desserts.  Hee Hee.

Banana Chocolate Bread Pudding - I already downloaded a recipe and will make it next week!

Meatloaf topped with pork belly

Pork belly lettuce wraps

Rum cake with AMAZING cherries

Easter/my birthday is tomorrow, and we have some fun stuff planned.  Most importantly, I am making braised short ribs, scalloped taters, and blueberry muffins.  I woke up early this morning and whipped up a pineapple pie to go along with it.

Emil and I biked about 7.5 miles today.  That's enough to cancel out one piece of pie, I think.....

No comments:

Post a Comment