Sunday, April 24, 2011

Birthday Bonanza

It's been a lovely birthday, and thank you for all the calls and cards!  We went to church this morning and stopped on the way home for our favorite stuffed hashbrowns at Shari's Restaurant.  After completing some yardwork, we went to see "Water for Elephants" at Sisters Movie House.  I was worried about the movie since I loved the book, but they did a pretty decent adaptation.  Definitely take some tissues when you see it.

For dinner, I tried out a new recipe...Bistro Style Beef Shortribs.  Course, I changed up the recipe after reading through it, and the outcome was delicious.  The picture doesn't really do it justice.  The broth was amazing.  Scalloped potatoes (recipe from Tyler Florence) and pickled jalapeno deviled eggs rounded out the meal.  No room for dessert...pineapple pie (thanks, Erica!).


Fresh chicken eggs!

My very first meringue

No comments:

Post a Comment