Saturday, April 02, 2011

Full Weekend, and it's only Saturday!

Yesterday was a busy day at work, plus running several errands.  I am behind in sending care packages to my brother, Tom, who is in Afghanistan.  So, I baked in the evening and made him Peanut and Chocolate Chip Blondies.  They are one of my favorite desserts.  Blondie Recipe


I loaded his care package with candy, homemade banana bread, and wet wipes (his most requested item for battling dust).

Then I did some menu planning for our next round of guests, Mariko and Chris.  She is the one of the best cooks I know, so I want to try out some new recipes and cook outside my comfort zone.  I'll take some pics of the food if it all turns out!

Today, I rented a bike from Sunnyside Sports, so we could bike around Old Mill.  The last time I biked was with Brian Shea at Eklutna Lake, and my bike was a Huffy from Walmart.  Not exactly good for the trail or an inexperienced biker.  It was a memorable day of biking that included him promising to stop for ice cream on the way home. As I recall, he chose to pass by the ice cream shop, and we went to Sagaya, bought swordfish and had an impromptu party at his place.  Ahhh...the sweet cabin in Fairview.

Biking around the parking lot and trails


We ended the day at a cute little smoothie place with a HUGE menu.  I'll be back to try the peanut butter and jelly smoothie.  One of the things I LOVE about Bend is the retail sector...everyone is super friendly.  When you enter their establishment, they ask, "what are you guys up to today?" instead of saying hi, how are you.  It makes me feel instantly at ease, and suddenly I am telling them what we're doing and chatting away like old friends. 

Tomorrow, we plan to bike the Dry Canyon here in Redmond and maybe return to Old Mill.  Hope your weekend is going well!

No comments:

Post a Comment