Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Goodbye Mr. Buttermilk

This afternoon, I whipped up Buttermilk Biscuits, thanks to a great recipe from Tyler Florence.  Recipe link:  http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/better-buttermilk-biscuits-recipe/index.html

They turned out really well.  One thing about baking I hate is cutting butter in little pieces and then cutting it into flour.  To make this easier, I freeze the butter and grate it into the flour.  It makes the whole dang process much easier and faster.  I also don't end up with buttered fingers and a mess.

Throw them in the freezer for brunch or a hearty breakfast
Flying Factoid:  Tyler Florence grew up in good ol'Greenville, South Carolina where I grew up.

Next ingredient to use up:  Instant Espresso Powder

Caffeine makes me pretty hyper and a little frantic, so this will be interesting.  Good thing, I pass off most of the baked goods to Emil.  *grin*

No comments:

Post a Comment