Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Buttermilk, Instant Espresso Powder and Mumford & Sons

I have wasting food.  Especially perishable goods.  It's easy to bake off something and freeze it.  So, I had leftover buttermilk from last week's Pancakes with Peachy Compote.  They were FANTASTIC! 
Pancake Recipe.  I've made them twice in two weeks.  Sorry, no pic to post.  We were too busy working our way through the mound of pancakes.  Totally makes more than 12 pancakes...do not be fooled.

Back to the leftover buttermilk....I just found a super easy recipe for Banana Buttermilk Bread.  It's in the oven right now, and it smells heavenly.  Banana Bread Recipe.  I have 2/3 cup of buttermilk to go, so I'll make something else tomorrow.



My goal next week is to use up the instant espresso powder.  Stay tuned for new recipes!

I'm obsessed with the Mumford & Sons CD right now.  It's constantly on, and I just downloaded "The Cave" as my ringtone.  Their music is the reason I want to take banjo lessons.  Can you picture me in a band, playing banjo at a little coffee shop in downtown Bend??

No comments:

Post a Comment