Thursday, March 24, 2011

Coffee and Miscellaneous

I've been pushing myself to get out a little more.  Whether it's driving around without a GPS, walking around downtown, or setting up meetings with nice folks around town and learning more about Bend.  I spent all winter holed up at home working on my book, and I've lost some of my social skills.

Yesterday, I had a morning meeting at the cutest coffee shop, Bend Mountain Coffee.  It's quaint, and the guy whips up a delicious latte.  The perfect place to hang out alone or with friends.

For lunch, Bend Brewing Company was recommended for their good food and always great service.  I arrived just before 2, and the place was pretty empty.  After chatting with the bartender, she said most folks were in the night before for Locals Night.  The steak sandwich was good, and I appreciated the friendly service...most of the employees said hi.  Did I look sad sitting at the bar by myself?

Anyway, I'm certainly enjoying Bend and Redmond.  Folks are nice and quick to offer suggestions on places to eat, see, and do.  I miss my peeps in Alaska daily, but I'm hoping to make some good friends here too.

Oh yeah....I checked out Sisters Coffee Company on Monday.  What a cute building!  The interior reminds me of a hunting/fishing lodge in Alaska.  It's super inviting and cozy!  Picked up a pound of Cowboy Coffee to try out for our next round of company.

No comments:

Post a Comment