Sunday, April 07, 2013

Nordic Crazy

I've lost my mind!  We went and bought spring Nordic passes at Mt. Bachelor!  I'm awful at skiing, don't have properly fitting equipment, and have no time to ski.  Plus, flashbacks of falling on icy snow and hitting my head are still fresh on my mind from skiing in Alaska.  What are we thinking?

Yesterday, it was pretty nice in Bend.  Sunny, calm, beautiful.  Bachelor:  windy, cooler, blowing snow in your face, poor conditions.  Time to ski!

I had to take off my cute hat.  Boo!

A loop with Emil's name!
I look so serious!

Covered in snow!
Now, we have to get our money's worth!  Between work, uke fun, and other obligations, I suspect we'll go up on weekday afternoons for the next six weeks.  By the time I save up for proper ski clothes, the season will be over.  So, if you see me on the trail, I'm the girl decked out in yoga pants, freezing, blistered feet, and a smile plastered on my face.  Oh yeah ... I'm usually chanting "I don't want to go down this hill," as I'm skiing down the hill, trying not to face plant in front of people. 


No comments:

Post a Comment