Sunday, March 24, 2013

Skiing and Uke-ing

We uked. We skied. We're sore, at least I am.

Our uke group played a gig at Mt. Bachelor Nordic Center today for their Aloha Sunday festivities.  What fun! In return for an hour of music, they gave us a free day pass and equipment rental.

12 people in our group!  100 members in the entire uke group.


Hula Hooping to the music


Our playlist varied from The Beach Boys to Bob Dylan.  Quite a wide range, and most songs were sing-a-longs.

After the music, we quickly changed clothes, grabbed rental equipment, and were off!  As usual, I walked down the first hill as a "warm up."  HA!  Come on ... it's been three years since I've skied and fallen down many times at Russian Jack.  Note to Lori:  Remember going down the hill again and again and again?



Mt. Bachelor is behind me.

Toes, Knees, Nose, in a line.  "Tony Knowles" is the way to remember it.
We skied for 1 1/2 hours, and I didn't wipe out!  What a relief.  It was probably the inappropriate ski clothing motivating me not to fall.  My winter ski stuff doesn't fit anymore, so I wore yoga pants and Emil's bike shirt.  Would've been cold if I got wet from falling!  Thankfully, the weather was not too cold.

Note:  I'm not bragging at all about my beginner skiing abilities.  I just happen to be the least coordinated person ever (not limited to walking.  Have you seen me attempt to match clothes??).  It was just amazing that I didn't fall the entire time.  If I kept count of the number of times I've tripped walking from the kitchen to the den, it would be in the hundreds.  Plus, tripping over the Yam, the cat.

Busy busy week ahead of me, so I better get ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment