Thursday, October 25, 2012

Neighborhood Pumpkin Carving Gathering

We hosted the first annual neighborhood pumpkin carving gathering last night.  The invitation said Eat, Drink, and Carve!  Bring a pumpkin, knife, and libation of choice.

I supplied the munchies...wish I had a picture of the festive table and food.  Fruit, white bean dip with balsamic vinaigrette and veggies, roasted eggplant pizza, meatball sliders, deviled eggs with jalapenos, self-filled cupcakes, and miniature pumpkin whoopie pies.  Looking forward to leftovers all day today!

There was a prize for the best pumpkin, so bring on the competitive spirits!

Mary, Linda, Annie

Let the carving begin!

This pic is why I've never carved a pumpkin in my life.  Sticky and messy.

Emil set up buckets and two carving stations.

No peeking at my design!

A pic through the glass window.  Check out Lori's green veined pumpkin! 

Annie and Robert

Lori and me!  My design is a ukulele, of course.

Annie is an amazing artist and used marbles and intricate designs on her pumpkin.

Ick!  Get me a towel.
Thanks to Emil for setting up a nice place for the carving in his warm workshop.  After we noshed on food, we all crowded into the workshop with sharp knives, secretive designs, and bowls for pumpkin seeds.

Sorry we didn't take pics of the finished pumpkins.  It was getting late, and we were anxious to vote and award the prize.  It was a tie for Annie and Lori's pumpkins!

Our next gathering will be in December when we decorate the traffic roundabout.  Better start menu planning!

No comments:

Post a Comment