Thursday, July 12, 2012

Must buy a microwave

Is there an appliance you can do without?  Silly me thinks we can do without a microwave.  I figure we upgraded the toaster to a toaster oven.  Isn't that enough?

- It's hot out.  No need to reheat my coffee like I normally do (sometimes twice each morning...I get distracted or lose the location of my coffee).  Drink it either room temp or toss in a few ice cubes.

- I'm a Southern gal, and I love me some biscuits.  Either homemade cream biscuits or Bisquick rolled ones.  And, I just picked up a huge box of Bisquick at Costco that won't even fit in my fridge without laying it on its' side.  Wait...how am I going to warm up my biscuits each morning?  

- Weight Watchers Impossible Vegetable Pie.  So few points, easy to make, and perfect for lunches.  Well, I tried to eat some tonight, cold from the fridge.  AWFUL.  I tossed it in the toaster oven for 10 minutes.  Nothing.  Still cold, a little burnt on top. 

- Uncluttered counter space.  I am my Mother's daughter.  Her pet peeve is cluttered counter space, and I tend to agree.  Plenty of room for prepping meals is essential.  Why have a microwave take up space unless you really need it?

I think I'll give in and pick up a microwave tomorrow from Costco.  Biscuits with butter are calling my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment