Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Birthday Celebration

I dread my birthday every year for a couple of reasons.  Not because I'm getting older.  It's just stressful for me.  So this year, I planned a super low-key birthday, and it went very well.

We went to lunch in Sisters.  The Depot was closed (boo!), so we ended up at Three Creeks Brewery.  A philly sammy (no peppers) for me, and Emil had a bacon chicken club.  We sat outside and enjoyed the sunny day and 85 degree weather.  After a quick trip to the ReStore and a mandatory stop at Sisters Bakery, we took the scenic way home off Holmes Road.  What a gorgeous drive!

After running a few errands, we enjoyed a quiet dinner at home - Teriyaki Turkey Burgers, fruit, and a peach buckle with vanilla ice cream.  Emil loves the fruit part, and I love the crust.

Teriyaki Turkey Burgers - makes six burgers

1 pound ground turkey 85/15
Generous handful of plain bread crumbs
Couple of squirts of teriyaki sauce
Pineapple rings and juice
Egg
Sliced cheese - we like Muenster

Combine the turkey, bread crumbs, sauce, little bit of juice (couple of tablespoons), and egg.  Pat into burgers...mixture will be wet.  Drizzle a bit of olive oil in a pan and fry the burgers until lightly browned.  They will not be cooked all the way through.

Place on a a pan (covered with foil for easy clean up), toss on a pineapple ring, and bake at 350 for 7-8 minutes.  Place cheese on burger when done and let melt in the oven for about 45 seconds.  Serve on buttery toasted Crustini buns with a dill pickle on the side.  YUM!!! 

Freeze the remaining pineapple and juice for another round of burgers.

This is our current favorite recipe these days.  So good and juicy.  I created this recipe to served on Hawaiian Rolls, but we never got around to it...they're just so good on Crustini buns.  Enjoy!

Thanks to everyone who called, texted, emailed, or Facebook'd me!  I appreciate the messages and generous gifts!!

P.S.  If you type your email in to my blog at the top, you will receive an email when I update the blog.  Then you don't need to check often or remember the blog address.  Very handy!

No comments:

Post a Comment