Sunday, November 20, 2011


White Christmas

So, I'm one of the only people out there who hasn't seen "White Christmas."  *Gasp*  A couple of girlfriends came over last night, and we dined on tapas and watched the movie.  What a lovely movie!  Bing Crosby is quite dashing.  Vera-Ellen plays Judy, and she has the smallest waist and such a delicate face.  I looked her up on www.imdb.com and read some interesting facts.

- She's from Norwood, Ohio.  Just a little suburb of Cincinnati....most of my family still lives in the area.
- She used to carpool to the Cincinnati Ballroom Dance Studio with Doris Day.
- Her waist measures 21 inches, and she had the smallest waist from the mid 1940's through 1960.

Are you ready for Thanksgiving?  I'm ready to redeem myself this year as I didn't like the side dishes I made last year.  This year, I'm trying three new recipes along with brining the turkey breast again.

Speaking of new recipes, I love reading cookbooks, and "The Art of Simple Food" by Alice Waters is fantastic!  She talks about experimenting with salt and the difference it makes in properly seasoning food.  And, she's a big believer in buying local foods, preparing them with minimal work, and coaxing out the best flavors.  I'm trying out a soup recipe from her tonight.  Will let you know how it turns out!  Onions, cheese, bread, stock, and fresh herbs.  How can you go wrong??

No comments:

Post a Comment