Saturday, September 10, 2011

The Help

I loved the book.  Totally loved it.  Read it last year and promptly gave it to Emil to read.  He enjoyed it as well.  I finally gave in and saw "The Help" alone today while Emil saw "Harry Potter 18."  The movie surprised me....from the trailer, it looked like a comedy, so I was a little apprehensive to see the movie since I knew it was a serious book.  Emma Stone did a fantastic job, and the movie didn't stray too much from the novel.  Did you know the author was turned down 60 times from publishers????  Seriously!

Broke down today and bought a bike computer.  I am not a biker!  And, buying a little gadget that tells me how far I've biked still doesn't make me a biker.  But, I've been biking 10-14 miles (estimates) every day, so it was time to start tracking and keeping a ride log.  Still not a biker....

It's hot here...90+ degrees, so I am going to lay on the couch and read my book. Also, I'm trying three new recipes this week, so I'll keep you posted on any winners. 

No comments:

Post a Comment