Sunday, August 07, 2011

Rejoice!

My brother, Tom, has been working in Afghanistan for almost two years.  I haven't been in Greenville when he's home for R and R, so the last time I saw him was July 2009.  He and his family are here in Cincinnati for a week, and I invited myself and Emil to be here at the same time.  YAY! 

Today, we played games, cooked out, and visited.  My Grandma and Uncle Ron also came over for the fun-filled afternoon.  Other than a quick thunderstorm, the weather was pretty nice, although quite warm.

Dinner Menu:
Hamburgers, hot dogs
Corn on the cob cooked in the fire
Hashbrown casserole
Watermelon, canteloupe

Playing corn hole

Elizabeth has an impressive throwing arm!

Fresh corn on the cob courtesy of Uncle Ron

Prepping the antique ice cream maker - pass me the rock salt!

No turn at cranking = No cherry cordial ice cream

Uncle Ron's turn to crank

Torturing the baby of the family never ends

Ted, Sara, Tom - Sweet siblings

David, my nephew, was the lucky one to lick the paddle
It was really great to spend time with the family.  Catching up with David, my oldest nephew, was fun.  He'll be 23 on Tuesday.  Time sure does fly by.

Next up:  Biking the Loveland Bike Trail early tomorrow morning if weather permits, errands (this really means going to Aglamesis Brothers), hanging up a towel rack in the bathroom, pulling down wallpaper in the hallway, and making tacos for dinner.  

1 comment:

  1. This was an OUTSTANDING day. So glad that so many were able to be a part of it! Miss you guys already!

    ReplyDelete