Sunday, May 08, 2011

Wonderful Weekend

It's been a lovely weekend!  Friday night, my former co-worker, Pam and her husband, Chuck came over for dinner.  They are checking out Bend and Eugene.  It was so good to catch up and see friendly faces!  Makes me miss United Way of Anchorage and my pals in Alaska.

Saturday, Emil and I did a site visit to the bike race location for the Cascade Chainbreaker.  We walked part of the course and watched folks ride a practice loop.  Emil has been monitoring the weather closely, so he can wear the right gear for the Sunday race.

Sunday, we arrived in plenty of time for Emil's warm up ride.  The weather was sunny and blue.  As he approached the start line, clouds rolled in.  Uh-Oh.  During the race, I cheered him on at several points.  The weather changed to light snow, sunny, snow, hail, sunny, cloudy, cold, and snow.  Welcome to Central Oregon weather!  Here are some pics of my hero, who rode 26.5 miles:


Quite a dusty course



Next up for him, the Pole Pedal Paddle.  Super cool race!  Check it out.  Emil is doing the 22 mile road biking portion of the relay.
http://www.pppbend.com/race_guide.htm

Out of town guests update:  Sue B. and her husband arrive on Friday to Eagle Crest for a week!  She is kind enough to volunteer and help me at my work event.  Yahoo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment