Thursday, April 07, 2011

Good people and good times

"We flew kites in the pasture."  Six words I never thought I would say!

Mariko and Chris are here visiting, and they arrived on Tuesday afternoon.  It was windy and a little chilly.  But, we headed down to the pasture and flew two kites that Chris brought along with him.  What fun!  A little more wind, and my feet would have lifted off the ground.

Ready to launch

Two string kite

Am I doing it right?

I LOVE this picture!
We spent yesterday in Sisters, despite on and off flurries.  Checked out some new stores, tried on some cowboy boots, and enjoyed the afternoon.  Today, we had lunch at Brother Jon's, my current favorite restaurant.  Kristen, the server remembered my name, and she is super friendly.  I made myself try a new sammy even though I would've been perfectly happy with the Captain Jack Sparrow.

BLT with Smoked Chicken and Split Pea Soup

Philly Cheesesteak

My Reuben with the BEST fries
It's been a super visit!  I will be sorry to see them go.  Our next group of company arrives on Saturday.  More exploring, good food, and memorable times to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment