Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Ash Wednesday

Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday, and I haven't decided on what to give up or what to do for Lent.  When I was younger, I ALWAYS gave something up for Lent.  People would ask me if I was Catholic, and I told them no, but never bothered to wonder why I was asked that so many times.  Turns out it's optional for Presbyterians (me) to give up something for Lent, I think.  Or maybe I'm just making that up.  Oh well.  I really should ask my Mom.

I always look forward to Lent though.  In the past, I've given up coffee, chocolate, popcorn (so very hard), and fried foods.  For the popcorn, I went to the movies on Easter Sunday morning to stand in line for a buttery popcorn, not to see a movie.  It was a great breakfast.  When I gave up fried foods, my acne cleared up, and I lost ten pounds.  There really are many benefits to Lent.

Anyway, I will come up with something to do tomorrow.  Oh yeah, I'm doing a big presentation tomorrow morning for work.  Wish me luck!  You know how I feel about presentations....

No comments:

Post a Comment