Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Sweet Treats

Emil is training for a June bike race, so I should probably cut down on baking desserts.  We'll see how that goes.  Earlier this week, I made an apple cranberry pie from some gala apples from Costco. 

Nice and tart.  Serve with vanilla ice cream, of course!

Tonight, I made popovers to go along with some leftover casserole.  It's my first go at making them, and I have several notes for the next round.  They are quite fun to look at!  A little too eggy for me, so I'll make them savory next time.



I walked by the porch this evening and peered out the glass door, and there was a small skunk by the door!  I tried to take his picture, but he didn't want to pose.  Maybe next time.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you live with Peppy Le Pew and his love-interest-cat.

    ReplyDelete