Thursday, February 10, 2011

Crazy for commas

I want to apologize for the people who will edit my book.  I love commas.  I love to use them often and usually in the wrong places.  How can I break this habit?  Even on these blog posts, I use commas everywhere.  Emil will read my blog after I've updated it and point out all the extra commas or missing commas (rarely).  Sometimes, I go back in and fix them.  Most times, I don't.

This comes to light as I am writing my book.  I don't know how to end it, and I'm ready to end it!  I keep adding commas and more plots as I try to wrap it up.  The girl gets the guy in the end.  Did I ruin it for you??  It's a love story.  It's a comedy.  It's all my bad dates in Alaska brought to life, along with my best friends, Josh and Tom.

Anyway, I better get back to it.  I'm listening to Eric Hutchinson on Pandora and eating dark chocolate kisses (three kisses for two WW points).

If you are pals with book editors or agents, please let me know.  The book will be ready to send out by April at the latest.  Thanks!

P.S.  I love exclamation points too, but I'll save that for another day.  My pals at UW can attest to that from my emails peppered with exclamation points.  Can I help being excited about work?

No comments:

Post a Comment