Thursday, February 24, 2011

Brownie, cake, brownie, cake...

I made the most amazing brownies this week.  New recipe.  The thing is, the consistency is more like a cake.  However, it's the most delicious chocolate cake I've EVER had.  No frosting needed.  Just a light dusting of powdered sugar after it's cooled down.

Sorry, I don't have a picture to post.  There is only one piece left, and I'm trying to avoid it since I'm over my Weight Watcher points for this week.  Recipe is listed below.  Let me know what you think after you bake these off...I want to hear from you!


  • 2 cups all purpose flour
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup butter
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup buttermilk
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  1. Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
  2. Grease a 9x13 baking pan and set aside.
  3. Stir together flour, sugar baking soda and salt until combined.
  4. Combine butter, water and cocoa powder in a medium saucepan, stir constantly until boiling. Remove from heat.
  5. Add the cocoa mixture to the flour mixture, beating with an electric mixer until combined.
  6. Combine eggs, buttermilk and vanilla and beat for one minute.
  7. Pour the batter into the prepared pan, spreadin evenly.
  8. Bake brownies for 25 to 35 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
  9. Cool pan on a wire rack.
  10. Wrap tightly and refrigerate your delicious brownies up to three days - if they last that long!

No comments:

Post a Comment