Wednesday, October 06, 2010

A couple of weeks ago, we stopped in at Whole Foods.  It was my first time in the store, and I LOVE it.  Picked up some red quinoa.  It's one of my favorite foods, and I was turned onto it by a good friend, Sonja Amundsen.  Usually, I make a salad with it, but this time I tried a new recipe.  Quinoa Cakes with Eggplant-Tomato Ragu and Smoked Mozzarella.  I will admit the cakes didn't stay together very well... probably because I made them the size of huge pancakes, but the texture of the quinoa lightly fried was excellent (cut down on the oil when you fry them).  I made some changes to the ragu... used regular mozzarella, and omitted the red peppers and parsley.  Very tasty.



Here is the recipe I used from Epicurious.com.  http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Quinoa-Cakes-with-Eggplant-Tomato-Ragu-and-Smoked-Mozzarella-241481

1 comment:

  1. Sara this is beautiful!
    This picture should be in a food magazine.
    Perfect autumnal meal. Sure do miss you!

    ReplyDelete