Thursday, September 30, 2010

Smell and taste these hops!

Tanks bought in Germany and then trucked up I-5.

Bottling one six pack every second.


Tom Bunger:  Do you want this for your house?


Emil and I took a tour of Deschutes Brewery today.  Amazing!  They are the #1 brewer in Oregon, #6 Craft Brewer in America, and the #13 Brewer in the United States.  Yes, I was listening to the tour and thinking how much Tom Bunger needs to visit, so we can go here.  We tasted several good beers, including the Black Butte XXII.  Much tastier once it warms up.

I made homemade oregano and parmesan focaccia bread yesterday.  Whipped up some turkey meatballs tonight.  They are super easy to make.  Ground turkey, one egg, a couple of handfuls of seasoned breadcrumbs, couple of tablespoons of pesto.  I brown them in a little olive oil, then dump in some Classico Cabernet Marinara Spaghetti Sauce.  Perfect to go with the focaccia.  I also mowed the lawn today, so extra activity points from Weight Watchers.  Hand over another breadstick, please.


No comments:

Post a Comment