Thursday, September 23, 2010

Peeled grapes
Beulah, peel me a grape.
~ Mae West

Speaking of peeling grapes, we have a lovely grapevine on the corner of our deck.  One of the homeowners' children said her Mom makes grape pie.  Well, I had to give that a try! 

I found a grape pie recipe, courtesy of an annual grape festival.  My first surprise was purple grapes have light green guts.  For some reason, I assumed they would be purple.  Interesting.  Peeling the grapes was easy!  Just pinch the opposite side of the grape where it's attached to the stem.  Four cups didn't take long.

The pie is good, although I cut back on the sugar after reading reviewer comments.  Here are a couple of pictures:

Ready for the oven


Baked and ready to eat!



1 comment:

  1. Yum, Grape pie! After squeezing the seeds out, Did you put the skins back in to give it the purply color and concord grape flavour?

    ReplyDelete