Thursday, September 23, 2010

1.  Chickens are very sneaky.
2.  Two chickens overpowered me and ran out of the coop when I was checking for eggs.

So, we talked to the homeowners the other day.  I mentioned only two chickens are laying eggs, and they gave me a funny explanation.  Turns out chickens sometimes forget where to lay eggs, so they need reminded.  They suggested we keep them in the coop for a couple of days, so they will lay in there.  This is day two, and I've only collected one egg.  I've also looked around the yard, kind of a treasure hunt for a stockpile of eggs, and no luck. 

While I was checking for eggs yesterday, two light brown chickens overpowered me and ran out to the yard.  Okay, they didn't really overpower me, they just run reaallllyyy fast.  Emil and I devised a plan to corner them back into the coop.  Guess what? All they did was run around the yard in different directions with Emil trying to run after them.  If I only had my video camera....

Anyway, I'll keep you posted on the great egg hunt.  Here is a picture of the mountains taken from our back deck:


No comments:

Post a Comment