Friday, September 10, 2010

Denied!  Most of you know that I go to McDonald's every Friday for a sausage and cheese biscuit.  It's kind of my way to celebrate surviving the week.  So, you can imagine my anticipation last night as we pulled into Prince George.  I counted two Tim Horton's, three McDonald's, and one Starbucks.  In fact, McDonald's and Starbucks share a parking lot.  GASP!

We get up early this morning since we have a long day of driving ahead of us.  Skip our usual oatmeal in the room (By the way, I only packed one plastic spoon.  Oops.) and head for McDonald's/Starbucks across the street.  We walk in, and it's the most gorgeous McDonald's I've ever seen.  Fancy lighting, intricate tilework on the floor and several different laminates used throughout the restaurant.  I look up at the menu board, and there are no biscuits listed on the menu.  Ummm...what the heck?  Turns out they do not serve biscuits.  Only McMuffins and McGriddles.  Are you kidding me?  Do you know how long it's been since I've even seen a McDonald's and this is what I get?  I order a sausage, egg and cheese McMuffin and let the disappointment settle in.  I remarked to Emil that this was one of the saddest days of my life.  We did swing in to Starbucks for a nonfat Mocha to cheer me up.

Alas... we did see some wildlife today.  Several white tailed deer with fawns and 15 big horn sheep right on the road.  The trip today took us through some amazing scenery.  Some of the landscape was very arid, desert climate, while other parts were lush and almost rainforest.

We also saw some cute badger crossing signs, but no badgers.

Tonight, we are in Anacortes, Washington.  A very cute town that we'll explore tomorrow.  Looking forward to doing some window shopping and stretching my legs.  We plan to be in Redmond on Sunday evening.  Woo Hoo!

1 comment:

  1. You think Anacortes is great? Hop on a ferry and head north to the San Juan Islands! Washington's banana belt and only the best kayaking around!

    ReplyDelete