Thursday, April 19, 2012

First Gig

Emil and I attend a weekly ukulele jam session in Bend, and they often have gigs booked.  Since we're beginners and hardly know any strum patterns, we've declined to play at any of them.  However, we did play on Monday at Pilot Butte Rehabilitation Center (nursing home).  I have a soft spot for older folks...I volunteered for several years during high school at a hospital in their Physical Therapy Department.  The hospital was just for older folks, many with broken hips, who had to get up and moving right after surgery.

It was a BLAST!  Our 16 song set list included Poncho and Lefty, Tiny Bubbles, My Little Grass Shack, Runaround Sue, Somewhere Over the Rainbow, Harvest Moon and many more.  We were careful not to play You Ain't Going Nowhere or Dead Flowers.

Here are a few pics from the gig.  My co-worker, Gwenn, came by and recorded a few songs.  We're trying to figure out how to share them too.  Will keep you posted, as I'm sure you want to hear us in action.




No comments:

Post a Comment