Sunday, January 15, 2012

Tebow Time

Well, I'm 0-2.  The Saints lost, and Tebow had a bad night.  At least, I had good food to console me during the Broncos/Pats game.

While listening to NPR yesterday morning, I whipped up a Peach and Blueberry Custard Cobbler.  It has sour cream, eggs, and vanilla for the custard.  Tastes great right out of the oven with a healthy dollop of vanilla ice cream.  The buttery topping is the best part!


On a side note, my hometown, Greenville, SC was on Wait Wait Don't Tell Me.  Did you hear them mention it?  "Survey shows that people are tired of surveys..."

I also made homemade guacamole with plenty of cilantro, lime juice, and garlic after the cobbler was in the oven.

The weather was gorgeous yesterday...68 degrees, so I went for a quick walk at the Dry Canyon.  Started training again for a 5K.

During halftime of the Broncos game, I made turkey burgers and super tots a la Spenard Roadhouse (one of my favs in Anchorage).  They weren't deep fried like the restaurant does them, but still pretty decent.  Top anything with cheese, bacon, sour cream, and green onions, and it's a winner!

Homemade pickles from the summer

I did use light sour cream!  HA!
A shout out to Sugarspoon in Anchorage.  They just celebrated their 4th Anniversary!!  Wahooey!  Wish I could've been there to celebrate and eat cupcakes with everyone.  They have great Valentine's Day Specials.  Check it out at http://aksugarspoon.com/.

Miss you Sara Spud and Tommy Boy!  Congrats on your success!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment