Sunday, January 01, 2012

New Year's Resolutions

Do you make New Year's Resolutions?  Often, I think about making them, but I generally don't get into it much.  Probably because I don't write them down and take it seriously.  My friend, Tom, writes down his resolutions every year and puts some thought into each one.  He shared them with me already, so I'm going to follow suit and share mine with you.  Accountability and all that stuff always helps.

In my opinion, they don't have to be super serious like making yourself thinner, richer, or healthier.  It can be simple stuff.  Little stuff, big stuff, whatever you want.  No judgment from anyone.

1.  Listen to NPR on Saturday mornings.  I love Car Talk and Wait Wait Don't Tell Me.  I usually forget to listen to it despite a sticky note reminder in the kitchen and an alarm on my phone.  Did you listen to it yesterday?  Manure/compost in the Mustang trunk?  C-R-A-Z-Y!

2.  Be a better loved one to Emil.  Listen to him instead of multi-tasking while attempting to listen.  Support him as he opens his own business.  It is and will be a stressful time for both of us.

3.  Do some arm exercises.  I've been doing push ups, and it's been fun!  Just think what tricep dips will do if I commit to doing them too!

4.  Continue building new friendships and work on existing friendships.  It's easy to email, write, and call people.  I am shy and need to push myself sometimes!

5.  Read a daily devotional from "A Year of Living Consciously."  My friend, Starr, gave it to me several years ago, and it's a wonderful book, yet I only look at it sporadically.  I, in turn, gave a copy to Tommy Boy last year.  I'll read each day's passage as I drink my morning coffee.

Well, I guess that's about it for now.  Quite a list to work on, and I don't have to conquer everything in the first two weeks of 2012.  I wish everyone a wonderful 2012 filled with new adventures, fond memories, and delicious food.

P.S.  Did you receive any cookie tins this year or have old cigar boxes sitting around?  Emil is making a fun line of ukuleles out of cookie tins and cigar boxes.  Please send them to me, or I'll pick them up from you if you're local.  THANKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment