Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving Food

I've somewhat redeemed myself from last year's food.  This year, the sweet potato casserole was my favorite dish with the stuffing coming in as a close second.  Next year, I'll skip the green beans.  I only make them, so there's something reasonably healthy on the plate.

We had a quiet relaxing day.  Watched some football in the morning, snacked on appetizers at lunchtime and ate the big meal at 3:30.  Then, we had a Mexican Dominoes competition.

Moist turkey breast!  Gotta brine it!

The best Sweet Potato Casserole

Sausage, Artichoke, and Parmesan Cheese Stuffing

Green Beans with Caramelized Shallots and Shrooms
We didn't hit the sales early, but we did make a mid-morning run to Fred Meyer for some goodies.  Emil bought me a stick blender as an early Christmas gift since I've been making so many soups lately.  It will be super easy to puree soups now.  Pumpkin Black Bean Soup is on the menu for next week.

Time to work on my mittens and address Christmas cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment