Saturday, May 14, 2011

Busy as a Bee

This expression pretty much describes my past week at work.  Now that my huge event is over, it's time to wrap it up, make a plan for the summer, and get ready for the next group of visitors.  Sue B. and her husband, Mick, are here in town at their timeshare.  We will visit with them this week.

My Mother and nephew fly in to Portland on Sunday evening.  Yippee!  My nephew is counting the days and calls frequently.  He's super excited to explore and visit.  We talked through his packing list, which includes his must have blanket and a family size pack of beef jerky.  I observed from his extensive list of items that pants were not included.  Either he thinks it's summer here in Central Oregon, or he's too focused on the jerky, mp3 player and books to pack.  Regardless, I am looking forward to their visit.  Hotels, cabins and a jam-packed itinerary are ready.  This week, I'll clean, make up two beds, shop, bake off and freeze a bunch of food, drag out a cooler, and pack tons of food to take along.

Our chicks are doing well and growing fast!  It's amazing how much they have grown in four days.  I'll try and take pictures to post periodically.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment