Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Saveur Magazine

This months' Saveur magazine has great articles and recipes.  It's becoming one of my favorite magazines, and I'm thankful for the subscription (thanks, Wendy!).

Couple of standout items:  Kozlik's Triple Crunch Mustard.  I will be on the hunt for this at my grocery store.  It sounds wonderful, and I use mustard in many of my recipes.  In fact, I add mustard to almost all of my dishes, except baking.  It's one of those ingredients that gives food a little zip.

James Beard's American Cookery book.  It's on my list to buy at a used bookstore.  It's an essential encyclopedia of regional American cooking.

I also clipped six recipes from the magazine ranging from bacon and cheese deviled eggs to osso bucco.  Will try them out over the coming months and keep you posted.

Hope you are cooking and eating well this winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment