Monday, January 03, 2011

Asparagus and Proscuitto

Mission:  The homeowners gave me these two ingredients to whip up for an appetizer. 

They invited friends over for their last night in town and invited us to join them, so I checked out my favorite website (www.epicurious.com) and found a great recipe.  I tweaked the recipe a bit and wrapped the proscuitto around the asparagus and roasted at 450 degrees for 8 minutes (brushed with olive oil).  The asparagus was really thick, so if you use thinner asparagus, reduce the cooking time.  Beautiful appetizer!

Asparagus and Proscuitto Crostini with Fonduta

Ready for the oven

Ready to eat

Next time I make this appetizer, I'll throw in some coarse ground mustard and a shot of hot sauce to kick up the cheese sauce.

Hope everyone's 2011 is going well!  This will be a big year full of new adventures and good changes!

1 comment: