Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas Vacation Highlights

Back in Central Oregon, and it's rained all day!  We had a delightful trip to South Carolina.  It was one of those vacations where we stayed close to the house, visited with family, played games, and took naps on the couch.  Wonderful!

Here are some of the highlights:

1.  Spending time with the Ohio Rishforths.  My nephews and I cooked a fun lunch for everyone.  Cornflake chicken tenders, 5 bean baked beans, and cheesy polenta!  The chicken recipe is from Weight Watchers.

2.  Spending time with the Piedmont Rishforths and meeting my newest nephew, Parks.  He is a cutie and such a good baby!  7 year old, Elizabeth is almost as tall as me, and 11 year old, Ben will be taller than me shortly.  I also had a nice lunch with my talented sister-in-law, Patti.

3. Visiting with Wendy and Brian, two of my dear friends who have been by my side through everything.  Thanks for making time to visit!  I know your parents love Emil more than me...it's okay.  All parents love him.

4.  The warm hospitality of my parents.  We joke and say they run a Bed and Breakfast.  They sure do know how to make us comfortable and welcome every visit.  Thanks for everything!

5.  Eating lunch on the last day at Chick-Fil-A. 

They serve these sandwiches in heaven.  I checked.
6.  Grilled Pimento Cheese on multi-grain bread at Strossner's Bakery.  I forgot to take a picture until the last bite!  Just buy some pimento cheese, slap it between two pieces of bread, butter the bread and grill on low heat until the cheese is warm and gooey.  Text me and tell me it's your new favorite!

We didn't make it to Krispy Kreme, but I did have a big ol' glass of sweet tea at Panera Bread.  I love the South.  I came back with an accent, so let's chat soon, y'all!

2 comments:

  1. I especially appreciate your shout-out to Chick-Fil-A. Yum! Sounds like you had a great time in the South :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to get to Chick-Fil-A in Texas but apparently they closed for the New Year's holiday and I missed it! Glad you got to "eat more chiken' :)

    ReplyDelete