Saturday, November 27, 2010

Redmond Christmas Parade

We watched the Redmond Christmas Parade tonight, and it was fun!  Over 60 floats/vehicles drove by with passengers tossing out candy (Dum Dums and Tootsie Rolls), beads (a little late for Mardi Gras), restaurant coupons, doggie treats, candy canes, and gas coupons.  It was pretty darn exciting!  I am glad Emil packed hats and gloves for us since I left the house with just a long sleeve shirt and a vest on.  It warmed up quite a bit today.  Sorry, no pics of the floats since it was dark...our camera flash just didn't feel up to it.  I did like watching the parade in the dark though... people decorated with Christmas lights and more.  My favorite thing were the horses, all dolled up and decked out with glitter on their tails.  Note to Mother:  you would have REALLY liked all the horses!

Really enjoying Redmond and Bend.  Starting to think about next Spring.  We would love to live in this area permanently, but a lot hedges on jobs.  I've set a March deadline to have a rough draft of my novel, so that's a big step forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment